Borrowing in Person from Other Colleges & Universities
The Potter Library participates in the Virtual Academic Library Environment (VALE) Reciprocal Borrowing Program. This allows Ramapo students, faculty and staff to borrow books in person from other academic libraries including Rutgers Universities (all campuses), Montclair State, Monmouth, Seton Hall, NJIT and William Paterson.
Procedures and Guidelines:
- Fill out a reciprocal borrowing form (available from the Potter Library’s Reference Desk). NOTE: If you go directly to the lending library without this form you will NOT be allowed to borrow.
- When you get to the lending library, present the completed form at the Circulation Desk. NOTE: You might be required to show a photo ID.
- The lending library will issue you with a guest borrower’s card which is good for one academic year.
- You will be responsible for returning all items directly to the lending library.
- You are expected to comply with the lending library’s circulation policies.
- We ask for your cooperation in returning the borrowed materials promptly so as not to jeopardize our good relations with the lending library.
- For faculty and staff http://www.valenj.org/services-resources/faculty-glossary-members/all
- For undergraduate students http://www.valenj.org/services-resources/under-grad-glossary-members/all
- For graduate students http://www.valenj.org/services-resources/grad-glossary-members/all
For more information about VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program please go to http://www.valenj.org/services-resources/reciprocal-borrowing-program
If you have any questions, please contact Madel Tisi by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 201.684.7510.