- Effective education is essential for the healthy growth and
development of individuals
for the vitality of a democratic society.
- All Children should have access to the education that they
need to develop their full potential.
- Effective education enhances our ability to understand and
appreciate individual differences, cultural diversity, and the world in which we live.
- Effective education enhances our ability to make ethical decisions
and to think critically, analytically, and creatively.
- Effective education stimulates the development of cognitive,
affective, and kinesthetic abilities and the attainment of literacy
skills across disciplines.
- The art and science of teaching can be learned, and well prepared
teachers make a difference.
- Effective teachers are committed to the effort to meet the
diverse needs of students and to sustain life-long professional
- Effective teachers are students of learning who have a broad
background and who have attained competency in their disciplines
and in pedagogy.
- Mutual respect and trust are essential on creating an active,
positive climate for learning.
- Effective teachers design varied learning activities to complement
the learning potential of each student, to stimulate critical
and creative thinking and to promote positive interaction in
- Effective teachers are well-informed regarding the broad professional
responsibilities associated with the position of teacher and
are prepared to accept those responsibilities.
- All students can learn if learning activities complement their
learning styles and address their perceptions and levels of
- Teachers expectations and students sense of self-efficacy
significantly affect student learning.
- Effective teachers accept responsibility for seeking means
to help each student become a successful learner, and effective
learners accept responsibility for their own learning.