For media inquiries about the Russ Berrie Making a Difference Award or to reach Honorees for interviews, please contact:
Program Director, Russ Berrie Making a Difference Award
Phone: (201) 684-7458
We can provide high resolution photos of individual Honorees, group photos from each Award Ceremony, and feature videos.
Please check back following the May 8, 2020 Award Ceremony for information, photos and videos of the 2020 Honorees.
Quick Facts About the Russ Berrie Making a Difference Award
- The Making a Difference Award was established in 1997 by the late Russell Berrie, a New Jersey based entrepreneur and CEO of Russ Beriie & Company.
- The Award honors individuals who make New Jersey a better place — through service to others, to their communities, or by an act of extraordinary heroism.
- The Award program is supported by the Russell Berrie Foundation and managed by Ramapo College of New Jersey.
- A total of 366 individuals have been recognized since 1997.
- More than $3.5 million has been awarded to New Jersey residents since 1997.
- Honorees are located in every county in New Jersey.
- Honorees range in age from nine years old to ninety years old.
Learn More About Honoree-led organizations
Links to organizational websites and social media
Featured Honoree Videos
Learn more about our Honorees and the incredible work they do to make New Jersey a better place. You can also find videos on our YouTube channel.
Ramapo College Media Contact