Russ Berrie Awards for Making a Difference
“There is no greater importance in life than
knowing you’ve helped a
fellow human being.”
The Russ Berrie Award for Making a Difference is
administered by Ramapo College of New Jersey
Nineteen Years of Uncommon Recognition for Uncommon Acts
The Russ Berrie Award for Making a Difference celebrates its Nineteenth Anniversary of uncommon public recognition of uncommon acts on behalf of the common good. The Russell Berrie Foundation will provide sufficient funds for up to three major awards of $50,000, $35,000, and $25,000 and up to eight runner-up awards of $5,000, to recognize unusual heroism and community service by New Jersey citizens. The goals are to recognize those “unsung heroes” who have made a significant difference to the well-being of society and for whom the award would make a significant difference in their own lives, and to publicize good works in society.
The Advisory Board consists of distinguished New Jersey business leaders and professionals who evaluate nominations. The group will present the awards at a ceremony at Ramapo College of New Jersey on May 1, 2015.
- What is the scale of the accomplishment and is it unique?
- Is the work an inspiration to others?
- Is the person paid or a volunteer? If paid, is the accomplishment truly above and beyond?
- If a single act, was there a high degree of risk and danger?
- How many people were impacted or influenced?
- Would the award make a significant difference in their lives?
- Has the work been carried out in New Jersey?
For additional information on the Russ Berrie Making A Difference Awards you can email email@example.com.