Selection and Eligibility
The Ramapo College Upward Bound Math Science Program is funded to accept approximately 20 new students each year. Participants are selected based upon their school record, teacher recommendations, interviews, and eligibility according to federal guidelines.
This program is designed to serve students who have the ability to go to college and are willing to put in the work required to get there and succeed. It will benefit the student who may have trouble getting into college because of limited financial or educational resources that puts him or her at a disadvantage when competing with more affluent peers attending well financed suburban or private schools.
In order to be a part of the Ramapo College Upward Bound program, a student must:
- Have U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or be applying for permanent residency.
- Must not have a parent with a Bachelor’s Degree and/or
- Have family income of no more than 150% of the federally determined poverty level.
- Attend one of the following Paterson, New Jersey high schools: (please contact the corresponding Guidance Office)
- John F. Kennedy H.S. (Mr. Funiciello)
- Eastside H.S. (Mrs. Major)
- HARP Academy of Health Science (Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Canales)
- Panther Academy (Mrs. Davis)
Costs and Funding
It costs NOTHING! All necessary supplies, books, room and board, and transportation will be provided for by Ramapo College. The Ramapo College Upward Bound Math Science program is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education at a total annual amount of $302,964 for 61 students served per funding year.