Associate Professor of Microbiology
- Phone: (201) 684-7554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: G-305
- Office Hours: M 1:10-2:30; W 11:30-1:00
- B.S. Juniata College
- Ph.D. Temple University School of Medicine
- Fundamentals of Biology (lab)
- Microbiology: Health Sciences (lec/lab)
- Cell and Molecular Biology (lab)
- Identification and functional characterization of genes involved in the regulation of bone mass
- Cell culture models of osteoblast differentiation
- Abelmagid, S. M., M. C. Rico, M. F. Barbe, S. Salihoglu, I. Arango-Hisijara, M. G. Anderson, W. J. Simon, T. A. Owen, S. N. Popoff, and F. F. Safadi. 2008. Osteoactivin, an anabolic factor that regulates osteoblast differentiation and function. Exp. Cell Res.314: 2334-2351.
- Arnott, J. A., A. Sanjay, T. A. Owen, S. Rehman, W. G. DeLong, F. F. Safadi, and S. N. Popoff. 2008. Molecular requirements for Smad and Src/Erk signaling in the induction of CTGF expression by TGF-β1 in osteoblasts. Bone. 42: 871-885.
- Owen, T. A. and L. C. Pan. 2008. Isolation and Culture of Rodent Osteoprogenitor Cells. in Molecular Methods in Medicine. J. Westerdorf, ed. Humana Press. pp. 3-18.
- Selim, A. A., J. L. Castaneda, T. A. Owen, S. N. Popoff, and F. F. Safadi. 2007. The role of osteoactivin-derived peptides in osteoblast differentiation. Med Sci Monit. 13: BR259-70.
- Buckbinder, L., D. T. Crawford, H. Qi, H. Z. Ke, L. Olson, K. Long, P. Bonnette, A. Baumann, W. A. Grasser III, M. Luzzio, J. Kath, L. C. Pan, T. A. Owen, J. Hambor, D. Gebhard, V. M. Paralkar, H. Simmons, S. L. Smock, A. Guzman-Perez, T. A. Brown, and M. Li. 2007. The PYK2 kinase is a negative regulator of osteoprogenitor cells and inhibits bone formation in vitro and in vivo. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104: 10619-10624.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.