Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Year Joined RCNJ: 2008
- Phone: (201) 684-6221
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: G-409
- Office Hours: W 11:00-12:00; R 11:00-1:00
- B.S., Ajou University, South Korea
- M.S., Western Illinois University
- Ph.D., Kansas State University
- Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Scientist, New York University School of Medicine
- Fundamentals of Chemistry I and II
- Biochemistry I and II
- Advanced Biochemistry
- General Chemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Structural Biology
- Structural and Functional Studies of Macromolecular Complexes: Protein-Protein, Protein-DNA and Multi-Complexes
- Burke V, Williams C, Sukumaran M, Kim S.-S., Li H, Wang XH, Gorny MK, Zolla-Pazner S, Kong XP., Structural basis of the cross-reactivity of genetically related human anti-HIV-1 mAbs: implications for design of V3-based immunogens. Structure. 2009 Nov 11;17(11):1538-46.
- Georgescu RE, Yurieva O, Kim SS, Kuriyan J, Kong XP, O’Donnell M. Structure of a small-molecule inhibitor of a DNA polymerase sliding clamp. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Aug 12;105(32):11116-21.
- Georgescu R., Kim S.-S., Yurieva O., Kuriyan J., Kong X. P., and O’Donnell M., Structure of a Sliding Clamp on DNA. Cell. 2008 Jan; 132: 43-54.
- Laptenko O.*, Kim S.-S.*, Lee J. K., Starodubtseva M., Cava F., Berenguer J., Borukhov S., Kong X. P., pH-Dependent Conformational switch activates the inhibitor of transcription elongation. The EMBO Journal. 2006 Apr; 25: 2131-2141. (* co-first author with Laptenko O.)
- Kim S.-S.*, Zhang R.G.*, Braunstein S.E., Joachimiak A., Cvekl A., Hegde R.S. Structure of the retinal determination protein Dachshund reveals a DNA-binding motif. Structure. 2002 Jun; 10: 787-795. (* co-first author with Zhang R.G.)
- Kim S.-S., Tam JK, Wang AF, Hegde RS. The structural basis of DNA target discrimination by Papillomavirus E2 proteins; Crystal Structures of the E2 DNA-binding domain from Human Papillomavirus type 18 and its complexes with high and low affinity DNA binding-site. J. Biol. Chem. 2000 Oct 6; 275(40): 31245-31254.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.