We have calculated the Fall 2020 semester’s housing and meal plans credits due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The information below outlines the process by which institutional credits and refunds are being issued.
We hope this will help you and your families as we find our way through this international crisis.
Eligibility and timing for credits and refunds
Students who have applied for graduation will receive refunds; continuing students received credit towards future expenses, which may be used for spring courses and/or student account charges incurred within the Spring 2021 semester. The College has not issued credits for tuition and fees for Fall 2020 as all coursework is continuing remotely and students will receive grades for their work.
Refunds for housing and meal plans charges will be issued automatically to students who have applied for graduation. Please note exclusions listed below in the section, “A small group may have reduced credits”.
The most efficient means to receive your funds is through direct deposit. To enroll in direct deposit, visit Direct Deposit. Students who do not have direct deposit will receive a check mailed to their address on file.
Credit for Continuing Students
Continuing students with housing and/or meal plans received a credit equivalent to the amount unused for the Fall 2020 semester (using the move out date of December 1, 2020). Please note exclusions listed below in the section, “A small group may have reduced credits”.
The amount issued to you was calculated as follows:
- For students in housing, a credit of 18.97% of the total charge was applied to the student account.
- For students with traditional meal plans, a credit of 18.97% of the total meal plan-only component was applied to the student account. The outstanding flex dollars associated with each plan were rolled forward to the Spring 2021 semester.
- For students with Flex plans and Block plans, the outstanding balances were rolled forward to the Spring 2021 semester.
Credit Used to Pay Account Balances
Credits were first applied to any existing student account balances. Credits that remain after application of payment (or full credit for those with zero balances) are deferred to the Spring 2021 semester. Any unused credit will be automatically refunded to the student on or before March 8, 2021.
A Small Group may have Reduced Credits
Students who fit the following criteria may not be entitled to a credit or refund:
- Students who received special approval and remained on campus through the end of the Fall semester.
- Students who received housing and/or meal plan scholarships, including all institutional funding, graduate coordinators, and resident assistants, may not receive a credit or refund because the College already covers these expenses. Students who receive partial funding for these items will have their accounts individually analyzed to determine the credit net of the charge and the scholarship.
I am not returning in spring 2021. When will I receive my refund?
We will process your refund by March 8, 2021.
We are strongly urging students to sign up for an electronic refund, as you will receive your refund faster than waiting for a paper check. With an electronic refund, funds are directly deposited to the bank account that you designate. There is no charge for an electronic refund. If you haven’t already done so, please sign up using the link below. https://www.ramapo.edu/student-accounts/direct-deposit
If I have a financial hardship can my credit be refunded to me now?
Requests to have your COVID credit refunded to you now will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading “Hardship Appeal for Fall 2020 COVID Credit” and include your R#. Your appeal will be reviewed within 10 business days, and you will be notified by the Office of Student Accounts as to the status of your appeal.
If your appeal is approved, we strongly urge you to sign up for an electronic refund, as you will receive your refund faster than waiting for a paper check. With an electronic refund, funds are directly deposited to the bank account that you designate. There is no charge for an electronic refund. If you haven’t already done so, please sign up using the link below. https://www.ramapo.edu/student-accounts/direct-deposit
Please allow two weeks, from the date of your approval email to receive your refund.
How do I find my fall 2020 credit balance?
- Log on to Click on Ramapo Self Service/Web Registration box
- Enter your Ramapo Email User Name and Ramapo Email Password then click on the Login button
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid
- Click on Student Account Information
- Click on Account Summary for 202040 (fall 2020)
- Using the Select a Term pull down menu, choose the desired billing term, then click Submit button
- Your credit will be reflected in the fall term
How will my fall credit balances appear on my account?
You will receive a credit balance in the fall 2020 term for housing and a separate credit balance for the meal plan portion of your meal plan (if applicable).
What will happen with my Flex Dollars or Ramapo Dollars?
Remaining Flex or Ramapo dollars will be rolled forward to the Spring 2021 semester. Dollars will expire according to Ramapo policy thereafter.
For more information or clarification on these refunds and credit, please contact the Office of Student Accounts email@example.com.