Outdoor Dining Locations
Contact Information and Resources
Should you have questions:
- State of NJ COVID-19 Hotline: General COVID-19 Questions: 2-1-1 (24/7), Medical COVID-19 Questions: 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
- State of NJ COVID-19 Information Hub Website: https://covid19.nj.gov/
- Office of the Secretary of Higher Education (OSHE): https://nj.gov/highereducation/COVID-19.shtml
- New Jersey Department of Health (DOH): https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_schools.shtml
- Ramapo College COVID-19 Information Line: (201)684-RCNJ or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: Non-emergency health related questions should be directed to Health Services at (201) 684-7536
- Students who are studying abroad: Contact the Roukema Center for International Education at (201) 684-7533
- Counseling Services: Mental health related services for students can be secured at (201) 684-7522
- Employees: Questions should be directed to Human Resources at (201) 684-7498 or email@example.com
Hotlines to Call for Support During COVID-19
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Textline: Text START to 741-741
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- 2nd Floor Support Line for NJ Residents Ages 10-24: 1-888-222-2228
- Trevor Project (LGBTQIA+ Support Line): 1-866-488-7386
- Addictions Hotline: 1-888-984-0363
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
NJ Mental Health Resources
- NJ Mental Health Cares: Offers telephone counseling, emotional support, information and assistance. The helpline is available seven days per week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 866-202-HELP (4357)
- Support to deaf and hard of hearing individuals: Department of Human Services (DHS) is offering emotional help and support to deaf and hard of hearing individuals during COVID-19. Sign language users can communicate with ACCESS of St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson through video phone at 973-870-0677, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF): has a crisis text line: text NJ to 74174. A trained counselor will respond and help you through concerns.
Contact Information for Reporting COVID-19 Cases
If you feel sick and have COVID-19-like symptoms, please contact your doctor or other healthcare professional for medical guidance. You can also use the CDC’s symptom self-checker as a guide to help you make decisions on when to seek testing and medical care.
If you are a student and have tested positive for COVID-19, told you most likely have COVID-19 by a medical provider, or have a COVID-19 sick individual in your home, please contact Debra Lukacsko, Associate Director of Health Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-684-7536.
If you are an employee and have tested positive for COVID-19, told you most likely have COVID-19 by a medical provider, or have a COVID-19 sick individual in your home, please contact Jill Brown, Associate Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, HR2020@ramapo.edu or 201-684-7507.