African American Experience Courses
at Ramapo College
Gain the knowledge and perspectives to lead in our multicultural world.
Choose a course to better understand the African American experience in America through history, literature, politics, society, music, popular culture, theater and more.
You can be part of a transformative mindset that brings better ideas and solutions for inclusive equality for all.
School of Humanities and Global Studies (HGS)
- AFST 208 – African American Social and Political Thought
- AFST 215 – African Americans in Film
- AFST 220 – Hip Hop and Society
- LITR 236 – Multicultural Literature: Voices of Protest
- LITR 319 – Author Studies: Virginia Woolf and Toni Morrison
School of Contemporary Arts (CA)
- COMM 203 – Film Representation: Race, Class, and Gender
- COMM 234 – Intercultural Communication
- MUSI 202 – The Black Experience Through Music
School of Social Science and Human Services (SSHS)
- LAWS 251 – Law, Power, and Inequality
- PSYC 231 – Multicultural Psychology
- PSYC 239 – Cross Cultural Psychology
- PSYC 451 – Black Psychology
- SOCI 215 – Sociology of Race Relations
- SWRK 270 – Cultural Diversity: Racism, Oppression, and Privilege