Welcome to Ramapo College! We are so excited to have you a part of the Ramapo College community. We have created a great experience for you and are confident that it will help you acclimate to life at Ramapo. New Student Experience is a multi-step process for all new students. Each step in the process is listed below and will be viewable in your admissions portal as they become available.
Here is how your New Student Experience will be completed:
- Step 1: Complete any necessary Placement Testing (if applicable)
- Step 2: Sign up for your one on one academic advisement appointment via the link in your admissions portal.
- Step 3: Complete your Virtual New Student Module prior to your in-person orientation and advisement session. 24 to 48 business hours after you have submitted your deposit, you will be invited to join a Canvas course to complete the module. Canvas is our online learning management system.
- To accept your invitation, log in to Canvas using your Ramapo username and password.
- At the top of your dashboard in green there will be an option to accept the invitation to your Virtual New Student Module.
- Complete all of the lessons as required.
- Step 4: Sign up for an Explore Campus: Transfer Edition event in January to take your student ID, become familiar with campus, meet new classmates and learn from key offices on campus. Log in to your admissions portal to sign up!
- Explore Campus: Transfer Edition will be held on January 9th from 10am-2:30pm
- Step 5: Join us for Winter Welcome starting on Tuesday, January 23rd.
Please note, the following populations should contact the person listed below concerning their orientation experience:
- RN to BSN Students contact Lisa Potenza at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for orientation and advising.
- Readmit Students (previously studied at Ramapo) Sign up for your one on one academic advisement appointment via the link in your admissions portal.
- Degree Completion Program (DCP) Students contact Trish Laprey at email@example.com for more information about your orientation program.
- Passaic 2+2 and 3+1 Students contact Nora McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about your orientation program.
- International Students contact Rajesh Adhikari at email@example.com for more information about your orientation program.
Questions? Contact New Student Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.