I am originally from the country of Russellville Kentucky, so Ramapo College of New Jersey is Awesome. This semester experience has definitely benefited me greatly. Personally, I have had a ton of fun! The main thing that excites me is the diversity of the school and the area. There are so many different types of people and ideologies, things to do and see, places and events to attend, knowledge and experience to acquire and the list goes on. Ramapo College has a great welcoming academic environment. Everything is really personal here and I feel as though everyone knows their professors and each other. I know each of my professors and they are super cool. Professionally, this place is great place to be. There are big businesses down the street and NYC is across the street. Also, many students are professional already having jobs and internships. This really motivated me and helped me learn about opportunities. The relationships I have formed is something I wish to cultivate for a life time. Ultimately, the experience is what you make it. All you have to do is step out of your comfort zone.
-Charles Kamero Neblett, Louisville, Kentucky, Fall 2011
Announcing – Summer Business Certificate Program
Business Essentials Certificate
The Business Essentials Certificate Program at Ramapo College of New Jersey offers an AACSB-accredited suite of courses addressing core business competencies, as well as professional seminars to develop relevant skills for today’s workplace. The program gives you a broad foundation in the business disciplines of ac-counting, marketing and management principles. Students can further customize their certificates by choosing to study business law, information technol-ogy, or corporate finance. All courses are college level and credit bearing and have been selected from the core curriculum of the Anisfield School of Business. These four courses are supplemented by two Personal Effectiveness Seminars chosen from an array of hands-on topics such as Time Manage-ment, Negotiating Skills, Conflict Resolution and Managing People.
For more information, download the NSE Business Essentials Brochure
Why Participate in an Exchange at Ramapo?
- 300 acre campus
- Nestled next to the Ramapo Mountains
- Easy access to New York City for internships, jobs, or for fun
- Known as “New Jersey’s Public Liberal Arts College”
- COPLAC institution
- 700 course offerings
- Student teacher ratio 18:1
- Average class size: 23
- Green campus
- Access to performing and visual arts
- Access to athletic facilities
- Access to public transportation
- Involvement in student clubs/sororities/fraternities/volunteer programs
- Sponsored trips offered each semester (ex. Broadway, Great Adventure, Yankees games, etc.)
NSE Exchange Requirements / Restrictions
- RCNJ is a Plan A and Plan B school
- Plan A is an open exchange (i.e. we can take any number of students on this plan)
- Plan B is an even exchange (i.e. we can only take in the number of students we send out on Plan B)
- You must maintain a GPA of 2.5 at your home institution
- You must have health insurance coverage for the duration of your time at Ramapo College.
- Education and Nursing classes are CLOSED to NSE students
- RCNJ does not participate in the NSE Resident Assistant Exchange
- RCNJ does not participate in the Honors Access Program
- Unless you will have access to a car and can live with a friend or family member, we strongly encourage you to live on-campus as rent in the Bergen county area is very high
Information for Accepted Students
- Once you’ve been notified of your acceptance by your NSE coordinator at your home institution, please sign your Placement Acceptance Forms (PAF)
- Ensure your original PAF is sent to Kate Godfrey, NSE Coordinator
- Accepted students must send their unofficial transcript to Kate ASAP (this can be done at the NSE placement conference)
- Once Kate receives your PAF, instructions will be sent to you regarding accessing your RCNJ e-mail, course registration, housing, billing, etc.
Useful RCNJ & Local Links