Services During Construction
As we renovate our existing library building, a temporary library will be open on the 1st and 2nd floors of Linden Hall. Almost all regular services will be provided in the temporary library. This includes circulation, reference services, microfilm reading, interlibrary loan and more. The Center for Reading & Writing and the Gross Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies will remain with the library in Linden Hall.
What Are the Main Features of the Temporary Library?
- Approximately 270 study seats
- Reading room seating
- Two computer classrooms
- Excellent wi-fi and laptops to check out
- Information Literacy instruction sessions with librarians
- All Research Help Services — in person or by phone, email, chat, or text
- All Circulation Desk Services, such as checkout and course reserves
- 10,500-volume core book collection
- Access to online resources, such as databases, journals, e-books, and newspapers
- Bestsellers Collection
- New Books display
- Current Periodicals
- Ability to request books from Interlibrary Loan
- Ability to request archival materials
What if a book I need is not in the library?
Please see or contact a librarian if you need assistance; we will check to be sure that the book is not on campus. The next step is to place an Interlibrary Loan request for the needed book. Librarians can also help you find additional materials on your topic; contact us for our Research Help Services.
What about the Ramapo College Archives and Special Collections?
The Ramapo College Archives will be located on the first floor of the library in Linden Hall, and materials may be used only in the library. While parts of the Archives collection are now off-site in storage, many items are still here on campus and available, including all of the Board of Trustees meeting minutes, the student newspaper, the yearbooks, and the Master of Liberal Arts theses. If you need any of the materials that are in storage, we can retrieve them – just remember to allow extra time for your project. Access to the Archives is by appointment only: https://libguides.ramapo.edu/archives. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com or contact Susan Kurzmann directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, (201) 684-7199.