Presented in collaboration with TMI Education
Thursday, November 16, 2017
8:30 Registration and Continental breakfast
This workshop is appropriate for :
K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, special educators, school counselors, school social workers, occupational therapists, SLPs, physical therapists, physical education teachers, health educators, and paraprofessionals.
Would you like to try yoga in your classroom? Have you tried it and would like to learn more? This workshop will address methods and benefits of using mindful yoga in the classroom in support of emotional and cognitive development. Methods will cover K-12 hands-on approaches in several parallel workshops for teachers. Discover the research that supports the academic and emotional benefits of Yoga in the classroom.
Workshops taught by teachers currently teaching in local schools. Come prepared to move! Absolutely no yoga experience is required.
- Understand the neuroscience of stress, and its effects learning and behavior
- Understand the neurology of yoga and mindfulness and its benefits
- Learn about recent studies to use as evidence in promoting yoga in the classroom
- Leave with simple yoga and mindfulness techniques to support self -regulation, developing compassion, and cognitive development at the various grade levels
- Facilitate learning readiness which improves student achievement
- Improve the climate of your classroom
- Develop techniques to be present for your students
Integrating yoga into the classroom curriculum grades K-5, 6-12 and Yoga games and resources for the classroom
$149 / $99 for Consortium members
- 4 hrs of Interactive Workshops
- Take-away resources
- Certificate of Completion
- Online resources
Continuing Education Credit:
Registered yoga teachers are eligible for Continuing Education Hours through Yoga Alliance when the workshop is presented by an E-RYT (check the Trainer bio for confirmation of this designation).
Contact hours for Yoga Alliance specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when completing Ramapo’s 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification
Click here for registration and to receive your parking pass.