This 5 night Silent retreat is sponsored by the Center for Mindful Self Compassion (MSC), and fulfills the prerequisite for MSC teacher training and other Mindfulness-Based interventions such as MBSR And MBCT. This retreat is also open to all who want to deepen their connection with mindfulness and compassion practice.
This retreat will be based on the life-changing and well-researched work of Christopher Germer and Kristin Neff, creators of the Mindful Self Compassion Program, as well as ancient wisdom practice from several traditions. This is an opportunity to renew and deepen your practice of compassion and mindfulness meditation, and live fully in a strong, supportive, and beautiful environment enhanced by silence with the support of experienced teachers.
All of us have an innate capacity to experience well-being, strength, and confidence, even in the face of stress, pain, or illness. In order to enhance that capacity, we introduce the power of mindfulness, the practice of meeting each moment with an open heart and mind. The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is an intensive, residential, teacher-led, silent meditation retreat, which emphasizes the deep understanding and practice of mindfulness meditation in its most universal and secular expression.
The Retreat includes meditation instruction, individual interviews with a qualified meditation instructor, talks by senior teacher, Eowyn Ahlstrom, guided sessions of mindfulness meditation practice, movement exercises, and mindful eating, as well as sessions of contemplation and teachings to deepen the understanding of the practice.
During the retreat, there will be one small group session and one brief individual interview.
The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) principles developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli at the Center for Mindfulness in the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Dates: Retreat check-in begins at 2:30pm on March 15, followed by a dinner and an orientation. The retreat will end on March 20 at noon followed by a lunch. Please plan accordingly.
- Tuition: Check back for pricing (including $500 non-refundable deposit). Includes 3 meals a day, all day snacks, water, tea & coffee, and double room on-campus residential lodging. Please see Meals & Snacks, Retreat & Housing Guidelines and Sample Schedule below. DOUBLE ROOMS ONLY.
- Application/Registration Process: Step 1 is to complete an application, please check back. Step 2 is to register and pay upon receipt of your acceptance email.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellation prior to 30 days before the retreat will receive a refund of tuition less the $500 non-refundable deposit. Cancellations within 30 days of the event will receive $375, or half of the total of tuition less the $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Spots are given on a first come, first served basis, dependent upon on payment and room availability.
- Provide a safe and nourishing environment for the cultivation and development of a deep and grounded mindfulness meditation practice.
- Foster a rigorous retreat experience – independent of a specific religious outlook – that fulfills Oasis Institute
- Offer excellent support and guidance from highly trained and experienced teachers and meditation instructors.
- Practice noble silence to develop a strong container for deepening meditation practice.
For those who are new to meditation practice, please be aware that practicing for a week in silence can be an intensive and challenging – as well as a highly rewarding – experience.