Canvas Courses (for Faculty)
Login to Canvas and you will see the following courses on your dashboard to help you get started and learn Canvas:
- “Growing with Canvas” is a self-paced interactive course with 7 modules where you will learn and try out features, and experience Canvas as a student. This course is for you if you want to learn Canvas in depth, while experiencing the Canvas platform.
- “Canvas Teacher Tour” (45 minutes) contains self-paced series of videos.
Canvas Online Training Portal (for Faculty)
All instructors will have access to the Canvas online training portal to enroll in on-demand, self-paced courses, learning pathways, or view individual videos for targeted topics. Faculty members can access the online training after logging into Canvas as follows:
- Log into Canvas with your Ramapo username and password at https://ramapo.instructure.com
- Click on the “Help” menu on the left navigation, then select “Training Services Portal”
- You will be directed to a page that says “Training Portal is requesting access to your account,’ select “Authorize.”
- Click through the tutorial, then click “Do Not Show Again” on the last screen and click “complete.”
- You will be directed to a page that says “Authorization required.” “Authorize Training Portal to use your account,” select “Authorize” (first-time access only.)
- You will be brought to the Learning Library page, for on-demand, self-paced training organized into A.) learning pathways (a series of courses), B.) courses, and C.) individual videos for targeted topics. Select the “Tags” (“faculty” and “higher education”) to filter the most appropriate courses.
LinkedIn Learning (for Faculty)
LinkedIn Learning provides online, self-paced, video-based courses on Canvas including:
- “Learning Canvas” (1 hr. 54 min.)
- “Canvas: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques.” (1 hr. 44 min.)
Complete the Request Access Form at the time you want to do the LinkedIn Learning training, and the IDC will provide you one of our ten licenses to LinkedIn Learning for a period of time. Please note this is only available to faculty and staff.