Canvas Courses (for Faculty)
Login to Canvas and you will see the following courses on your dashboard to help you get started and learn Canvas:
- “Growing with Canvas” is a self-paced interactive course with 7 modules where you will learn and try out features, and experience Canvas as a student. This course is for you if you want to learn Canvas in depth, while experiencing the Canvas platform.
- “Canvas Teacher Tour” (45 minutes) contains self-paced series of videos.
Canvas Online Training Portal (for Faculty)
All instructors will have access to the Canvas online training portal to enroll in on-demand, self-paced courses, learning pathways, or view individual videos for targeted topics. Faculty members can access the online training after logging into Canvas as follows:
- Log into Canvas with your Ramapo username and password at https://ramapo.instructure.com
- Click on the “Help” menu on the left navigation, then select “Training Services Portal”
- You will be directed to a page that says “Training Portal is requesting access to your account,’ select “Authorize.”
- Click through the tutorial, then click “Do Not Show Again” on the last screen and click “complete.”
- You will be directed to a page that says “Authorization required.” “Authorize Training Portal to use your account,” select “Authorize” (first-time access only.)
- You will be brought to the Learning Library page, for on-demand, self-paced training organized into A.) learning pathways (a series of courses), B.) courses, and C.) individual videos for targeted topics. Select the “Tags” (“faculty” and “higher education”) to filter the most appropriate courses.
Canvas Live Webinar Training (for Faculty)
20 users have been selected that will have additional access to live, interactive webinar trainings provided by Canvas trainers, which are an added feature available in the Canvas online training portal. Webinars are one hour long, and seem to be offered between 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Some sample webinar trainings include “Course Basics,” “Gradebook and Speedgrader,” “Quiz Basics,” “Managing Quizzes,“ “Assignments,” “Leveraging Modules,” ”Course Communication Tools,” “Course Design Considerations,” “Data for Teachers,” and more. Please note these Webinars are not recorded, but you can enroll in as many as you want.
To access the webinars, follow the instructions above (steps 1-6) for accessing the “Canvas Online Training Portal”.
Then click the “Training Calendar” link near the top to view the calendar schedule of webinars. Click any webinar for more details, and to register.
LinkedIn Learning (for Faculty)
LinkedIn Learning provides online, self-paced, video-based courses on Canvas including:
- “Learning Canvas 2019” (1 hr. 47 min.)
- “Canvas: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques.” (1 hr. 44 min.)
Complete the Request Access Form at the time you want to do the LinkedIn Learning training, and the IDC will provide you one of our ten licenses to LinkedIn Learning for a period of time. Please note this is only available to faculty and staff.