Summer Flex Schedule Message 2018
The summer four-day flex workweek program will be in effect from the week of May 7, 2018 through and including the week of August 13, 2018. The first Friday off will be May 11, 2018, the day after Undergraduate Commencement; the last Friday off will be August 17, 2018. The following provisions will apply for summer 2018:
- The daily schedule for most employees working 35 hours a week will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with one-half hour for lunch (and two fifteen-minute breaks for classified staff).
- Any deviation from the work schedule described above requires formal approval through the College’s Flexible Work Arrangements Policy: link
- Time and attendance reporting for flex work weeks (except for 40-hour workweek employees) should reflect an 8.75 hour day – Monday through Thursday.
- The College will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 28th. The standard work schedule will be in place for the remainder of that week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
- The College will be closed on Wednesday, July 4th for the holiday. The standard work schedule will be in effect for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday that week, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Employees should work the specified hours as noted and unit heads must ensure the integrity of time and attendance reporting. In addition, there must be no disruption of services to our students or to internal and external audiences during the flex schedule. Employees with 40-hour workweeks will not be affected by these changes.
Please note that compensatory time will not be earned on flex Friday’s so adjust your schedule accordingly as necessary with consultation with your supervisor.
Questions about the summer four-day flex workweek program should be referred to the Department of Human Resources at extension 7506.