Coronavirus Campus Communication 3/12/2020 – Official Message from the Office of the President
Dear Students and Colleagues,
Please be advised that all classes scheduled for March 13, 2020 are canceled. The College, however, will remain open.
Let me re-emphasize the message, that has been delivered consistently across various channels, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on our campus.
We have made the decision to cancel classes to advance our social distancing efforts in light of the recent announcements from Governor Murphy and New Jersey Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli. Persichelli reported that the State is now tracing cases of COVID-19 that may have emerged as a result of community spread.
Community spread is defined as person-to-person transmission without exposure to a confirmed case or a nexus to an area where community spread is identified. Persichelli said, “For those who do not have a confirmed exposure, we are putting them under further investigation. The reason being: Community spread indicates that the coronavirus is among us. And we have an expectation that that may be the case.”
The College’s plans to deliver coursework remotely for two weeks from March 23 to April 4, 2020 remain unchanged.
It is natural for all of us to experience fear, anxiety, and frustration at this time and it is easy to unwittingly become engulfed in rumors, misinformation, and gossip. I encourage you to rely on evidence, official communications, and the guidance of experts as we continue to navigate this unfamiliar terrain together.
Additional information is provided below, please heed it:
Peter P. Mercer
Ramapo College’s COVID-19 Resource Page: https://www.ramapo.edu/health/coronavirus-covid-19/
Should you have questions:
- COVID-19 State of NJ Hotline: (800)222-1222
- Ramapo College COVID-19 Information Line: (201)684-RCNJ or email@example.com
- Students: Health related questions should be directed to Health Services at (201)684-7536
- Students who are studying abroad: Contact the Roukema Center for International Education at (201)684-7533
- Counseling Services: Mental health related services for students can be secured at (201)684-7522
- Employees: Questions regarding employment should be directed to Human Resources at (201)684-7498 or firstname.lastname@example.org