To be eligible to participate in recruitment, accept a bid and join a fraternity/sorority, you must currently:
- Have earned 12-23 Ramapo credits or more and have earned a cumulative 2.5 grade point average or better
- Have earned 24 Ramapo credits or more and have earned a cumulative 2.25 grade point average or better
- Be in good academic standing with the College and must not be on disciplinary probation.
- Transfer students may join in their first semester without meeting any eligibility requirements other than being in good standing with the College
Questions to Ask Before Joining:
Each fraternity or sorority has their own ideals and traditions which make them unique. Below are a variety of commonly asked questions that one might ask when meeting a given fraternity or sorority to find out more about.
- When and where were you founded?
- What are the guiding principles of your organization?
- What is your philanthropy and how has your chapter contributed?
- What is entailed in the education process of new members and what is the time commitment?
- What are the financial obligations of your organization?
- Has your fraternity/sorority received any special honors?
- What is your organizations history/reputation at the college?
- How many members are in your chapter?
- What is expected of active members?
- What leadership opportunities are available?
- What activities does your chapter sponsor?
- What annual events do you hold?
- What made you join your specific organization?
- What has been the most rewarding experience of being in your organization?
Are you a current student with questions about fraternity and sorority life? Click here to fill out an interest form and have a staff member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life reach out to answer questions.