Ramapo College’s Center for Innovative and Professional Learning (CIPL) is pleased to host this unique certificate program that creates a comprehensive hospitality knowledge base by combining the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Certified Hospitality Supervisor® certificate and the National Restaurant Association ServSafe® Manager certificate.
Registration Opens Soon!
FREE WEBINAR INFORMATION SESSION REGISTRATION
AMERICAN HOTEL & LODGING EDUCATION INSTITUTE
Certified Hospitality Supervisor®
AHLEI is the global leader in hospitality training and hotel management certifications, offering online learning and courses with textbooks and digital material to enhance the hospitality learning experience. AHLEI’s programs are all recognized by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) and conform to the best practices in the hotel and lodging industry.
THE NATIONAL RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION
The National Restaurant Association (NRA) is the largest foodservice trade association in the world, supporting over 500,000 restaurant businesses. NRA works closely with a network of 52 state restaurant associations to create a truly national structure. As the premier provider of food safety training, the NRA offers solutions to meet any food handler training need.
Make the Jump to a Better Job in Hospitality
Add professional certifications from the largest hospitality and food service professional organizations to your resume, and build the credentials you need to start a career in hospitality management. The hospitality sector makes up nearly 9% of the job market in New Jersey, and is predicted to add another 24,000 jobs in the next 4 years. This will create many new job opportunities, as well as more supervisory and management positions in the field. It is also one of the three largest employment sectors in 30 US states, making a hospitality career easily transportable across the country.
What Does the Certificate Program Include?
Upon completion of this program, students earn –
- The AHLEI Certified Hospitality Supervisor® Certificate *
- The NRA ServSafe® Food Manager Certificate
- A one-year AH&LA membership
* The CHS® Certificate requires 90 days of supervisory experience in hospitality to complete the certificate. Participation in this program reduces this requirement to 30 days’ supervisory experience. When the supervisory requirement is achieved after completing this program, the CHS® Certificate is awarded upon verification.
What Will You Learn?
The Certified Hospitality Supervisor® training provides supervisors with insight into the skills and competencies they need to manage their time. Supervisors gain the know-how to communicate effectively, motivate employees, resolve workplace conflicts, and gain the respect, trust and support from the people with whom they work.
- You as a Supervisor
- Conducting Orientation and Training
- Handling Problems and Conflicts
- Motivation and Team Building
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Improving Employee Performance
- Effective Communication
- Time Management
The ServSafe® Food Manager Certification is required for managers of all Type 3 Food Establishments in the State of New Jersey (NJAC 8:24 Retail Food Regulation). It covers all aspects of food safety and preparation, facility maintenance and prevention, contamination, and general food hygiene and precautions
- Food contamination, airborne illnesses and allergens
- Food hygiene and safe handling
- Food purchasing, receiving and storing
- Preparation, heating, holding and reheating food
- Facilities management, sanitization, pest prevention
What is the Schedule?
The combined certificate program consists of 42 hours of classroom training, completion of an asynchronous online module, 1 practice exam and 2 proctored exams. The classroom sessions are held on the Ramapo College campus on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-9:00 p.m. for 7 weeks. The on-line module can be completed at the same time as the classroom training or afterwards. Classroom sessions culminate in the practice exam and the CHS® exam. The ServSafe® exam follows the on-line module. Students must answer 70% of the exam questions correctly to earn the certificates.
Classes forming soon!
Click here to be notified of the class dates.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees: $2,500
The fee includes:
- 14 three-hour Hospitality classroom sessions
- One on-line Food Manager module
- One 390-page textbook
- 3 proctored exams
- 2 certificates (pending completion of exams and supervisory requirement)
- 1 year membership in AH&LA
Tuition Grant for Unemployed Persons
If you have been dislocated in your job due to layoff and are collecting unemployment, you may be eligible to receive a Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) grant that covers the full program tuition and fees. Books and exam fees are also included. You will need to visit your New Jersey OneStop Career Center and follow the steps below.
How to Get Your Grant:
- Make an appointment with your county OneStop counselor. County office locations (after clicking, be sure to scroll down the page).
- Visit your county OneStop counselor. Bring these items:
- A printed copy of this Ramapo College Hospitality Certificate web page
- A printed copy of the Ramapo College Hospitality Certificate program description from NJTOPPS
- Other documents if requested by your OneStop counselor.
- Apply for The Hospitality Certificate program through the CIPL website: www.ramapo.edu/cipl/hospitality/ (click on “Purchase Order” as method of payment)
- Contact CIPL at 201.684.7370 to let us know that you have been approved by OneStop for a grant (waivers are not accepted).
- CIPL sends an acceptance letter to your counselor with notification that you have been accepted into the Hospitality Certification program by Ramapo College through the Workforce Development Program.
- Your counselor sends a contract to CIPL.
- Once approved and registered, you receive an email from CIPL with a parking pass and location information approximately 2 days before classes start.
Refunds for withdrawals requested by the Monday of the week prior to the first class are issued at 100%, only when notification is submitted in writing to the Center for Innovative and Professional Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds for withdrawals submitted in writing by the Friday of the week prior to the first class are issued at 50% and a $50 processing fee applies. No withdrawal refunds are given after Friday of the week prior to the first class.
Ramapo College reserves the right to cancel any module/course due to limited enrollment, lack of facilities, unanticipated unavailability of faculty or other factor. Full tuition will be fully refunded when a module/course is cancelled by Ramapo College.
There is a $25 returned check fee.
In-class sessions are held in a training space on the Ramapo College campus, located at:
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Parking passes are sent via email prior to the first day of class and must be displayed in the vehicle to avoid a ticket.
Ramapo College follows the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act for those students requesting accommodations. To request disability-related accommodations, please call (201) 684-7370 or email email@example.com.
The College reserves the right to change costs, dates and procedures at its discretion.
Center for Innovative and Professional Learning (A-216)
Ramapo College of New Jersey
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Phone: (201) 684-7370
Fax: (201) 684-7277
Center for Innovative and Professional Learning
Ramapo College of NJ
505 Ramapo Valley Road, A-216
Mahwah, N.J. 07430