What is the Changebuilders Program?
The Changebuilders program, in conjunction with New Jersey Campus Compact (NJCC), is a program where individuals can take on year-long service projects to build skills that can make them more successful in the coming job search, meet other students who are also interested in making a difference in the community and could apply for a scholarship of $1000!
How will Changebuilders benefit me?
Through Changebuilders, you will take on a year-long service project. through this service, you’ll gain valuable experience and skills that will help you be more successful in a competitive job market. As well as this, throughout the year, you’ll attend different workshops that will help develop your resume, highlighting the service you are doing and how important it is.
As well as all this, if students complete the required hours within a year, they can apply for a scholarship of $1000 that can be used on whatever they see fit
What do I have to do?
In order to become a changebuilder, you must
- Meet with the Changebuilders Coordinator to discuss your interest and pick a service position
- Complete at least 40 hours of service by the end of the year
- Log your service hours on Givepulse. This is a website that tracks your hours
- Attend monthly cohort meetings with the Changebuilders Coordinator and participate in service reflections
- Attend Career Development workshops
If you are interested, please contact Dylan Heffernan at email@example.com
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” ― Martin Luther King Jr.