Professor of Documentary / News Production
Year Joined RCNJ: 1999
- B.A., Kean College of NJ
- M.A., Hunter College, CUNY
- Directing the Documentary
- Latino Images and the Hollywood Paradigm
- Sexual Politcs, Gender and Film Representation
- Race, Class and Film Representation
- Media Issues and Ethics
- Visual Storytelling
- Advanced Digital Filmmaking
- Fundamentals of Digital Filmmaking
- First Year Seminar: Conflict Resolution and Global Choices
Awards and Special Recognition:
- Main film production awards: New York State Council on the Arts, Paul Robeson Fund, Women in Film
- Mesquite Award at San Antonio Cine Festival for Home is Struggle, a documentary film.
- Honorary Award for Feature Length Documentary at San Antonio Cine Festival for Stories from Acahualinca.
- Documentary films selected to participate at numerous national and international festivals, including the Sydney Latin American Film Festival, in Sydney, Australia; the San Diego Latino Film Festival, in California; the New Latin American Cinema Festival in Havana, Cuba; the Human Rights Film Festival of Argentina; the Women at the Director’s Chair, in Chicago; the Chicago Latino Film Festival, among others.
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- Rivers of Corn, documentary, work-in-progress
- When the Condor Meets the Eagle, documentary, work-in-progress
- Dreaming the Future, documentary, 2006
- Tanguedia Callejera, documentary, 2005
- Global Tango, documentary, 2004
- Stories from Acahualinca, documentary, 2003
- Nicaragua: the children are waiting, documentary, 2002
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.