Professor of Journalism
Year Joined RCNJ: 2001
- Phone: (201) 684-7186
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: C-106
- Office Hours: MR 1:00-2:00, W 4:00-6:00 or by Appt.; R 1:00-2:00
- B.A., Hunter College
- M.S., Long Island University
- Professional Diploma, Long Island University
- M.S., Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- News Writing
- Reporting and Producing Online News
- Race, Ethnicity and Cross-Cultural Journalism
- Community Journalism
- Senior Projects Journalism
Awards and Special Recognition:
- Recipient of the Henry Bischoff Teaching Excellence Award.
- Named one of 50 outstanding Latina educators by El Diario-La Prensa, New York City.
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- “Case Study: Periódico Nosotros, a Catalyst for Empowering Latino Immigrants in a South Jersey Town,” Journal of Spanish Language Media, Vol. 4, 2011, University of North Texas.
- Fulbright Senior Specialist, Phoenix Communication College at Soochow University, Suzhou, China, December, 2009.
- “Wanted: Spanish language bilingual journalists,” HISPANIC OUTLOOK IN HIGHER EDUCATION, March, 2006. “Convergence at a small college,” INSIGHTS, the journal of the Association of Schools of Journalism and Mass Communication, Winter 2005.
- “Generation Y Latinos: A Surging Market,” HISPANIC OUTLOOK IN HIGHER EDUCATION, February 2004.
- “Why Gen Y: Newspapers have three years to get it right,” Media Management Center, Northwestern University, October 2002.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.