It takes just a few steps to nominate your Unsung New Jersey Hero.
Go to the online nomination form to submit a nomination.
- Provide your name and contact information for yourself (the Nominator) and the person you are nominating (the Nominee).
- Answer a few multiple-choice questions to help us learn more about the person you are nominating.
- Tell us how the Nominee’s actions benefit the lives of others and the local community here in New Jersey.
By nominating, you are letting the Unsung Heroes in your community know how much you appreciate their service. Every Unsung Hero nominated–and their nominator–will be invited to the Award Ceremony and will recognized with a Certificate of Appreciation.
Helpful tips for completing your nomination
Make sure your nomination includes key information about the Nominee and what they have accomplished. For example:
- Why is their work important?
- How many people have been helped?
- How have people’s lives been changed?
- How has the community improved?
- Has the organization grown to reach more people around the state or the country?
- How far-reaching is the impact? Does it go beyond a single community or group of people to have statewide or nationwide impact?
- Is the person a volunteer, or paid? If paid, are the efforts above and beyond their paid job?
- Will receiving the award make a significant difference in the person’s life?
Nominations are evaluated by an Advisory Board of business and community leaders that recommends individuals for the award.
If you have any problems using the online nomination form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.