Associate Professor of Management
Year Joined RCNJ: 2012
- Phone: (201) 684-7356
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: ASB- 011
- Office Hours: Virtual: T 12:00pm -1:30pm and F 3:30pm-4:30pm by appt.
- B.S. The Pennyslvania State University
- Ph.D. The University of Texas-RGV
- Strategic Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Ethics in Business
- Minority Entrepreneurship
- Network Diversity & Boards
- Social Networks
- Social Entrepreneurship
Abebe.M.A, Kimakwa, S. and Redd, T. (2020). “Toward a typology of social entrepreneurs: the interplay between passionate activism and entrepreneurial expertise.” The Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 27(4): 509-530.
Redd, T.C. and Wu, Sibin. (2020). “Gender differences in acquiring business support from online social networks” Journal of Women’s Entrepreneurship and Education, (1-2): 22-36.
- Redd, T.C., Abebe, M.A., and Wu, S. (2016). “Entrepreneurial Network Composition and the Venture Creation Process: An Empirical Investigation.” in Entrepreneurial Process and Social Networks: A Dynamic Perspective, Jack, S., Lamine, W., Fayolle, A., and D. Chabaud (Eds.); Edward Elgar Publishing: 2-31.
- Redd, T.C., Hutchins, T.D. and Giuliano, D. (2015) The World Guide to Sustainable Business:A country-by-country analysis of responsible business and social entrepreneurship, “Costa Rica.” In W.G. Visser (Ed.); Green Leaf Publishing, (4): 62-68.
- Redd, T.C. (2014). “The Influence of Social Network Dynamism on Business Start-up Activity: A Longitudinal Examination of Female Nascent Entrepreneurs.” Journal of Women’s Entrepreneurship and Education, 2014 (3-4): 23-35.
- Chen, S., Liao, Z., Redd, T., and Wu, S. (2013). “Laotian Entrepreneurs’ Optimism and New Venture Performance: Social Behavior and Personality, 41(8): 1267-1278.
- Redd, T. (2021) “Teaching Ideation and Developing a Pitch in a Virtual Setting,” The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, August 2021.
- Redd, T. (2021). “Business Basics: Course Case Study,” The Faculty Resource Network Winter Teach & Share, January 2021. NYU Virtual Conference.
- Kimakwa, S., Redd, T. and Abebe, M. (2019). “The Interplay between Passionate Activism and Entrepreneurial Expertise Among Social Entrepreneurs”, Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), June 2019. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Redd, T. (2019). “Connecting the Means with the Ends”. The Johns Hopkins Symposium on Urban and Grand Challenges, April 2019. Washington, D.C.
- Kimakwa,S., Abebe, M. and Redd, T. (2018) “(Disgruntled) Social Warriors: Toward A Typology of Women Social Entrepreneurs,”The Academy of Management Annual Meeting , August 2018. Chicago, Illinois.
- Abebe, M.A, Kimakwa, S. and Redd, T.C. (2018) “Social Network Ties as Drivers of Entrepreneurial Ventures in Sub-Saharan Africa: Substitutes or Complements?” Accepted for presentation at the The Academy of Management -Africa Annual Meeting, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, January 2018.
- Redd, T.C. (2017). “From Idea Napkins to Beyond: Using the Ideation Process to Develop Oral Presentation Skills in the Entrepreneurial Classroom” The Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference, June 2017. Providence College, Providence, RI.
- Redd, T.C. (2016). “Entrepreneurial Climate: The Role of Online Social Networks”,Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), June 2016. Bodo, Norway.
- Wu, S. and Redd, T.C. (2015). “Smile: Click! Here is your money! The effect of non-verbal cues on crowdfunding success”,The 2015 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, August 2015. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Redd, T.C., Wu, S. (2015). “The Influence of Environmental Context on Social Network Orientation among U.S. Minority Groups.” The U.S. Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, January 2015. Tampa, FL. *******JOHN JACK AWARD*******
- Redd,T.C. (2014). “A Taxonomic Approach to the Entrepreneur’s Social Network: New Insights into Resource Acquisition.” Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), June 2014. London, Ontario, CA.
- Addae, I., Redd, T.C., Simmon, S. (2014). “The Influence of Online Social Networks on the Stages of New Venture Creation.” Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), June 2014. London, Ontario, CA.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.