Transfer Degree Requirements
Each student passes through three overlapping phases in preparing for a degree: General Education course work, a school core program, and a major program of study. This format applies to all students, and is guided by the College’s academic expectations and graduation requirements.
To be eligible for a baccalaureate degree at Ramapo College, each student must:
- Complete a minimum of 128 graduation credits.
- Have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average as well as a 2.0 grade point average in the major.
- Complete a minimum of 48 credits at Ramapo
- Complete the last 30 credits at Ramapo.
- Satisfy all the General Education, School Core, and Major requirements
Transfer General Education Requirements
- All of the General Education requirements are waived for transfer students with an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) from a NJ community college. Some of the GE requirements are waived for transfer students with a degree from a college outside of NJ or with over a specified number of credits. General Education courses required are noted on the audit.
- Any General Education requirement can be fulfilled with the appropriate transferred course.
- An Associate of Applied Science (AAS) does not waive any General Education requirements.
- The fact that a course is waived from a student’s General Education requirements does not mean it is also waived from a School core or major requirement. Only the convener of the major can waive a course from the major. Only the Dean can waive a course from the School core.
Double counting: In many instances, a course may fulfill more than one requirement. A course may count in a major and/or minor and/or General Education and/or School core. Although the course may fulfill two requirements, its credit value does not double.