Professor of Law and Society
Year Joined RCNJ: 2004
- B.A., Yeshiva U. (1983)
- J.D., Seton Hall U. (1986)
- Ph.D. Northeastern U. (2004)
- Introduction to Law and Society
- Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
- Women and the Law
- Transgender Workplace Diversity
- Weiss, J.T. (2014). Protecting Transgender Students: Application of Title IX to Gender Identity or Expression and the Constitutional Right to Gender Autonomy. Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender and Society (Spring 2014).
- Weiss, J.T. (2010). The First Amendment Right To Free Exercise Of Religion, Nondiscrimination Statutes Based On Sexual Orientation And Gender Identity, And The Free Exercise Claims Of Non-Church-Related Employers. 12 Florida Coastal Law Review 15.
- Weiss, J.T. (2010). Gender Autonomy, Transgender Identity and Substantive Due Process: Finding a Rational Basis for Lawrence v. Texas. 5 Touro Journal of Race, Gender and Ethnicity 1 .
- Weiss, J.T. (2009). Transgender Identity, Textualism, and the Supreme Court: What is the ‘Plain Meaning’ of ‘Sex’ in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? 18 Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review 573.
- Weiss, J.T. (2009). An Attorney’s Perspective on Fraud Related to Health Care, 16 Journal of Controversial Medicine 9.
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). Transgender Workplace Diversity: Policy Tools, Training Issues and Communication Strategies for HR and Legal Professionals. Booksurge Publishing: North Charleston, South Carolina
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). The Lesbian Community and FTM Transsexuals: Détente in the Butch/FTM Borderlands. The Journal of Lesbian Studies 11, 219-227
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). The Lesbian Community and FTM Transsexuals: Détente in the Butch/FTM Borderlands. In Giffney, Noreen (Ed.), Twenty-First Century Lesbian Studies. Binghamton, New York: Harrington Park Press
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). Amid Celebrations of ENDA Victory, Transgender HRC Business Council Members Reluctantly Resign. Echelon Business
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). Employers of Choice Coming to Terms with Choice of Gender. Echelon Business Magazine.
- Weiss, J.T. (2007). Ms. Etiquette and the Transgender Employee: Is Nothing Private Any More? In Harris, Mark and Howe, Cymene(Eds.), 21st Century Sexualities: Contemporary Issues in Health, Education and Rights. New York: Routledge.
- Weiss, J.T. (2005). Adoption of Transgender HR Policies in US Employers. 14 Feb. 2005. HR.com <http://www.hr.com>.
- Weiss, J.T. (2004) GL vs. BT: The Archaeology of Biphobia and Transphobia in the U.S. Lesbian and Gay Community. Journal of Bisexuality 3, 25-55
- Weiss, J.T. (2004) GL vs. BT: The Archaeology of Biphobia and Transphobia in the U.S. Lesbian and Gay Community. In Alexander, Jonathan and Yescavage, Karen (Eds.),Bisexuality and Transgenderism: InterSEXions of the Others. Binghamton, New York: Harrington Park Press
- Weiss, J.T. (2002) Breaking the Deadlock: The 2000 Election, the Constitution and the Courts, by Judge Richard Posner. Bimonthly Review of Law Books 12, 21-30
- Weiss, J.T. (2001) The Gender Caste System: Identity, Privacy and Heteronormativity. Law & Sexuality 10, 123-186.
- Weiss, T.J. (1994) The Exception to the Exclusion In Liability Insurance Contracts Through A Procedural Lens. Washburn Law Journal 33, 364-382; reprinted in National Insurance Law Review 7:399-420.
- Weiss, T.J. (1993) A Natural Law Approach to Remedies for the Liability Insurer’s Breach of the Duty to Defend: Is Estoppel of Coverage Defenses Just? Albany Law Review 57, 145-167 (1993)
- Weiss, T.J. (1987) The Rise of Modern Judicial Review: From Constitutional Interpretation to Judge-Made Law. Seton Hall Law Review 17, 981-984
- Weiss, T.J. (1985) The Child Pornography Act of 1984: Child Pornography and the First Amendment. Seton Hall Legislative Journal 9, 327-353.
- 2010-2012, Chair, Planning Committee, Transgender Law Institute of the National LGBT Bar Association Conference
- 2011-2012, Member of the Advisory Board, Williams Institute of UCLA Law School
- 2012-2014, Member of the Board of Directors, Lambda Legal
- 2014 Trans 100 list
Authorship of Encyclopedia Articles:
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd Edition, Heteronormative, MacMillan Press (2008)
- LGBTQ America Today Encyclopedia, Employment Law, Greenwood Press (2008)
- LGBTQ America Today Encyclopedia, Transgender Rights, Greenwood Press (2008)
- Encyclopedia of Activism and Social Justice, LGBT Movement, SAGE Publications (2007)
- Sexuality: An Essential Glossary, Trans, Oxford University Press/ Hodder Arnold (2004)
- Sexuality: An Essential Glossary, Transman, Oxford University Press/ Hodder Arnold (2004)
- Sexuality: An Essential Glossary, Transwoman, Oxford University Press/ Hodder Arnold (2004)
- Sexuality: An Essential Glossary, Genderqueer, Oxford University Press/ Hodder Arnold (2004)
- Sexuality: An Essential Glossary, Hypersexualized, Oxford University Press/ Hodder Arnold (2004)
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.