Welcome to the home page of the Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Ramapo College of New Jersey. We’re a Christian community for everyone on campus! We do 3 things: community development (making the campus a better place), spiritual development (helping people know/experience God) and leadership development (helping people reach their God given potential).
The executive committee of IVCF oversees the main operation and weekly meetings of the group. The members are as follows:
Since one of our purposes is to see our students grow as leaders, we will be attending a weekend retreat at Lake Champion for one weekend in October 2015. Students can choose one of the six tracks which they are most interested in. More information will be available here: http://www.ivcfnynj.org/
To close out the year, IVCF will be attending a five day leadership conference in Saranac Lake, NY. This retreat gives members an opportunity to grow closer to one another while beginning to prepare for the next year in IVCF. Saranac Lake also has many different activities including parasailing, canoeing, swimming, a game room full of different opportunities, and so much more!
IVCF’s Mission Statement
“The purpose of Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship USA is to establish and advance at colleges and universities, witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as a Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world.”
We believe in:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things,existing eternally in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
To God be glory forever.
Small groups (SGs) are one of the most important parts of Intervarsity. SGs are a group of students who spend the semester gathering together in order to grow together. While each SG is unique, each group will spend the semester discussing and studying a book or a portion of the bible. The groups gather weekly to discuss their experiences with the reading. Aside from studying together, SGs also do fun things together such as going out to eat, grabbing Late Night, going to the movies, etc. Small groups are an awesome opportunity for anyone, no matter where you are in your faith journey. It’s never too late to join a small group!
Large Group is an opportunity for all of the members of IVCF to gather together biweekly. (The meeting day and time is still TBA as of Summer 2015, so please reach out to an e-board member for this information.) Each large group focuses on a specific topic, as presented by a fellow student or by a guest speaker. The group begins with an exciting icebreaker and ends with some delicious food. If you’re looking for a way to go further in your spiritual journey while having fun, large group is the place for you.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.