Criteria for Admission to More Selective Programs
Limited seating is available in our competitive Nursing and Biology Programs. Students who meet the following criteria will be considered for admission:
- SAT scores of 1120 or above in Critical Reading and Math or a 26 ACT Composite
- Top 20% of your graduating class
- Completion of three science courses with laboratories, including chemistry, with a grade 85 (“B”) or better
- Two letters of recommendation
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper based TOEFL or the equivalent on the internet or internet based test. (ESL students only)
The Physical Therapy Program Track allows students to complete three years at Ramapo as a Biology major and their last three at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences formally UMDNJ) that leads to the DPT degree. Students who meet the following criteria will be considered for admission:
- SAT scores of 1200 and above in Critical Reading and Math or a 27 ACT Composite
- Top 10% of your graduating class
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA at Ramapo College
Students who are admitted to the Physical Therapy Program Track will follow a curriculum that prepares them to apply to the articulated DPT program at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. Acceptance to the DPT program is separate and contingent upon the student meeting the following criteria:
- Submitting an application to Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences by June 1 of the student’s junior year at Ramapo
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Successful completion of all required courses, with no grade lower than a C
- Satisfactory performance on a personal interview
- Completion of the GRE exam
- Completion of pre-professional hours
As a Biology major on the Physical Therapy Program Track at Ramapo College, you may also of course apply to other Physical Therapy Programs around the country and are not limited to the opportunities available at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences.
Students may declare an interest in being a social work major prior to their admission into the college or during their freshman or sophomore years. However, students are not officially social work majors until they receive formal admission into the program just prior to the beginning of their junior year through a faculty interview. During their first two years at the College students are expected to complete their 100 level General Education requirements and specific program pre-requisites. Please review the Social Work Program catalog page or contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com for more information.
Freshman applicants are not directly admitted to the Anisfield School of Business. Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA or better after 48 credits at Ramapo College in order to be officially admitted to any major in the Anisfield School of Business. During their first two years at the College students are expected to complete their 100 level General Education requirements and specific program pre-requisites.