Ramapo College of New Jersey is a Registered Education Provider for Project Management Certification by the Project Management Institute.
The Project Management Certificate program at Ramapo College positions the professional to succeed in one of the fastest growing disciplines in North America. We provide:
- The credentials of an accredited four-year college experienced in teaching project management.
- Classes structured to encourage professionals to complete their certifications.
- Instruction and mentoring by highly experienced, motivated, practicing project managers.
- A four-module in-class certification program.
- Instruction in preparation of a work portfolio to present to prospective employers.
- Online posting of lectures and materials for making up missed classes.
Click above to sign up
for an Info Session
Project Management 2 Day Boot Camp
Click below to open
What Do The Modules Cover? (Four modules, each 24 contact hours)
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Schedule Management
- Risk and Quality Management
- Exam Prep
Our corporate program is a high quality program . . . precisely what you want, when you want it, and in the format you want.
Customized Training for Your Budget
- Targeted training for your needs
- Training conducted at your site, on the Ramapo College campus in Mahwah, NJ or at the Meadowlands Environment Center in Lyndhurst, NJ
- Training that is modular by topic. Common requests are:
- Communication Skills
- Business Process Management
- Quality Control and Assurance
- A specific industry
Team Boot Camps
Want to build your team? Plan an overnight staff development event. Ramapo is highly experienced in running residential summer programs and offers cost-effective intensive training on site on our beautiful 350-acre campus. Our on-campus residential apartments are virtually new, wired, and more cost-effective than any area hotel!
… Based on Our Standard Program
The Ramapo Certificate in Project Management is, we believe, unique in Project Management training. It is:
- Focused on multiple PMI certifications. It provides all the training required for the CAPM® and PMP® exams.
- Thirty hours of training for each of the PMI-Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®) and PMI-Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) exams.
- Training in MS-Project and Visio
- Training in:
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Intercultural skills
- Organizational skills
For standard and customized training solutions:
Grant Money for Unemployed Persons
Unemployed Persons Can attend FREE New Jersey OneStop can pay for the entire $4000 program for New Jersey unemployed. Even books are included! If you have been dislocated in your job due to layoff, you may be eligible to receive a Workforce Investment Act (WIA) grant.
How to Get Your Grant:
- Make an appointment with your county OneStop counselor. County office locations (after clicking, be sure to scroll down the page).
- Visit your county OneStop counselor. Bring these items:
- A printed copy of this Ramapo College Project Management web page
- A printed copy of the Ramapo College Project Management program description from NJTOPPS (click here)
- Other documents if requested by your OneStop counselor.
- Apply for The Project Management Certificate program through the CIPL website: www.ramapo.edu/cipl/project-mgmt/ (click on “Purchase Order” as method of payment)
- Contact CIPL at 201.684.7370 to let us know that you have been approved by OneStop for a grant (waivers are not accepted) and what Module you would like to start (can only start at Module A, B or D).
- CIPL sends an acceptance letter to your counselor with notification that you have been accepted into the Project Management Certification program by Ramapo College through the Workforce Development Program.
- Your counselor sends a contract to CIPL.
- Once approved and registered, you receive an email from CIPL with a parking pass and location information approximately 2 days before class starts.
Long Term Unemployed
Training provided for long term unemployed:
- For the Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) exams.
- In MS Project 2010 and Visio 2010.
- For the PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®) and PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) exams. For participants who have a four-year college degree, the program provides the education needed for these two advanced credentials.
- In preparing a PMP application.
- In work portfolio preparation.
- In resume preparation and interviewing in the profession. Individual counseling is offered. Ramapo College (PMI REP #3281) awards a Project Management Certificate from the Anisfield School of Business.
Pre-requisites For Admission: High School Diploma / GED
Hours: 96 lecture; 20 hours per week
Calendar length of program: 14-19 weeks
- Live, in a computer lab. Each student has MS Project and Visio at their station.
- By instructors with advanced degrees as well as decades of practical Project Management experience.
- Two locations: Mahwah and Lyndhurst; program entry is nine times a year in each.
- Lectures are posted online after each class, so missed classes do not affect the student’s ability to complete the program.
- Over fifty custom, computer-based quizzes and twenty computer projects are offered in the supervised Mahwah computer lab, thus complying with the long-term unemployed weekly hour requirement. Lab times are somewhat flexible by coordination with the instructor and proctor.
Faculty / Staff
Faculty/Staff Tuition Remission
In collaboration with the Anisfield School of Business, the Center for Innovative and Professional Learning (CIPL) offers the following employee tuition remission for the Project Management Certification program: All Ramapo College permanent employees, regardless of full-time or part-time status, are invited to participate in the Project Management Certification Program Employee Discount Plan. The plan allows for a 40% savings on the $950 tuition for each of the four required modules. All other fees and costs (e.g., $100 non-refundable application fee) are the responsibility of the employee.
Mahwah and Lyndhurst Locations
When applying to the program, students select the location where they would like to attend classes, Mahwah or Lyndhurst:
Ramapo College of New Jersey (main campus)
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Classroom Location: Anisfield School of Business (ASB-527)
Meadowlands Environment Center
2 DeKorte Park Plaza
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
Alternate GPS Address: Go to Medieval Times then either follow the signs or go to 1800 Valley Brook Avenue. After reaching 1800 valley brook, continue straight 1000 feet, crossing the railroad tracks. Bear left into the environmental center complex. Class is held in the first, gray building on the left”.
(This address was a baseball field that is now being used as a construction site. Once you “arrive at address” (a construction site), continue straight and bear left over the railroad tracks. This is the entrance to DeKorte Park. If your GPS brings you down Disposal Road, make a hard right before the railroad tracks and enter DeKorte Park. You will be driving in a very open area with no buildings in sight, but keep driving forward and you will arrive at the gated entrance!)
Ramapo Students and Graduates
Ramapo Graduates and Students: Please supply your R# in order for us to pull your transcripts.
Classes and Schedule:
The Certificate consists of 96 hours of classroom instruction in 4 modules which can be completed in 14 weeks (11 weeks for the summer program). You can begin the program at the start of Modules A, B, or D which are offered several times throughout the year (see Mahwah or Lyndhurst Module/Class Schedule). All lecture notes are posted online for the sessions, so a missed session or two does not adversely impact program completion.
The program offers an optional 3 hours of instruction in resume and cover letter preparation at no additional charge. This instruction focuses on entering a career in project management, and is based on current job advertisements for project managers. These sessions are typically scheduled before class, and currently run for 3 consecutive weeks during Modules B and C. Appointments for a personal consultation are made with Pamela Cohen, Asst. Director/Career Advisor, Anisfield School of Business, email@example.com 201.684.7784.
Costs and Parking
Tuition is $950 per module ($3800 for the 4 modules). A nonrefundable application fee of $100 must accompany the application. The total cost of the 5 required books is approximately $250. If you have completed the Project Management Boot Camp, the $100 application fee will be waived! Parking is plentiful and free with the use of the provided parking pass.
Ramapo-Where You Gain the Skills to Become an Uncommonly Well Qualified Project Manager…
The Ramapo Certificate delivers more education than competing programs, so your resume stands out from the rest. And at Ramapo, you gain the preparation employers seek. We deliver these benefits for a surprisingly reasonable price. The Ramapo College Project Management Certificate program provides all the educational requirements for the standardized tests administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the global standard for Project Management credentials.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®)
The PMI allows applicants to test for the PMP® with as little as 35 hours of online instruction. You will have 96 hours of in-class instruction, taught by instructors with advanced degrees as well as decades of practical Project Management experience. The program also provides 30 hours of specialized education required for the:
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®)
For participants who have a four-year college degree, the program provides all the education needed for these two advanced credentials. In the event the participant does not have a four-year degree, the resume can state that the applicant has 30 hours of specialized instruction in these two advanced areas. We also help you prepare your credential application. We find that some professionals meet the experience requirements for the PMP® and may not know it.
What is a Project Manager
The Project Manager:
- Launches new products or provides services on time and on budget
- Interacts/directs people within and outside the organization
- Manages virtual global teams, communicating with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Where is Project Management Used?
Project Management is used extensively in information technology, construction, energy, government, manufacturing, accounting and entertainment. For instance, Project Managers:
- Launch new hardware products and services to market
- Launch new software products
- Manage complex audit projects
- Manage sustainability and construction projects
- Manage event production
- Manage entertainment projects
You Will Learn
√ Up-to-date Technical Skills:
- How to plan when resources are limited
- How to use Microsoft Project and Visio software
- How to manage for profit
√ Best Practice Management Skills:
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Intercultural skills
- Organizational skills
What are the Requirements?
- Effort. We carefully prepare you for your exam from the first day. We quiz throughout each module-and quizzes may be retaken until satisfactorily completed to demonstrate competency.
- High school math skills.
- Ability to complete 4th year college work.
- Satisfactory completion of 4 non-credit Project Management (PM) courses, or modules. Each module is taken Pass/Fail or for a grade at the student’s written request.
Refunds for withdrawals requested by Friday of the first week of class are issued at 100% only when notification is submitted in writing to the Center for Innovative and Professional Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds for withdrawals submitted in writing during the second week of the program are issued at 50% and a $50 processing fee applies. No withdrawal refunds are given after the second week of the program.
Ramapo College reserves the right to cancel any module/course due to limited enrollment, lack of facilities or unanticipated unavailability of faculty. Full tuition will be refunded when a module/course is cancelled.
There is a $25 returned check fee.
A Project Management Certificate noting completion of the Ramapo College certificate requirements is provided at the successful conclusion of the program. Replacements are $5 each.
What’s Not Included?
Testing fees for exams are paid to the Project Management Institute and are not included in the tuition.
Ramapo College reserves the right to substitute faculty/instructors if necessary.
All applications are confirmed by email. The email confirmation includes a link for registering and making payments for each module. If you apply and do not receive an email confirmation, please contact the Center for Innovative and Professional Learning at email@example.com or call (201) 684-7370.
Parking passes are sent via email prior to the first day of class and must be displayed to avoid a ticket.
Ramapo College follows the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act for those students requesting accommodations. To request disability-related accommodations, please call (201) 684-7370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College reserves the right to change costs, dates and procedures at its discretion.
Note: Students must complete all certificate requirements at RCNJ; transfer credits cannot be used to satisfy these requirements. In addition, all certificate requirements must be completed within 2 years of acceptance to the program. Upon completion of these requirements, students receive a Project Management Certificate from the Anisfield School of Business at Ramapo College of New Jersey. RCNJ will verify completion of the program to potential employers or other parties when requested by the student.
Apply Online Module/Class Schedule
For General Information about Ramapo College certificate and continuing education programs administered through the Center for Innovative and Professional Learning, please contact:
Center for Innovative and Professional Learning (A-216)
Ramapo College of New Jersey
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Phone: (201) 684-7370
Fax: (201) 684-7277